Sunday, April 23, 2006

There's no such thing as *perfect*


Yesterday morning after Makenna's baseball game, we left to go to Panama City to watch the fitness and bodybuilding competition. It was a very long day. I was so proud of Makenna. She endured hours of sitting in an auditorium watching the muscle show. It was around 10-ish (pm) before we were able to leave and get DINNER!! She complained a little, but she was so good. I felt so bad to have her out so late eating dinner. She was so exhausted she practically fell asleep while eating her cheese pizza.

It was nice to see Panama City again. Sometimes, I really miss that place. And wow! It has really built up from what I remember last. I mean, 23rd street has grown! I saw Taura and Curtis there, but details didn't work out so where we could hang out together at all. I think she is planning on coming down this weekend with the boys and staying overnight Friday. That will be fun!

So the competition thing was a real eye opener. I mean, the bodies on these people were incredible. BUT, I did learn something important:
Even perfect isn't always perfect!

I saw some jello-like boodilicious going on that was quite shocking! And some cellulite butt and thighs. Still though, I would love to be in the same level of shape as any one of these people. Here's just one picture of a girl that was at the show! Amazing!

Anyway, before the show started, we listened to the National Anthem and then gave a moment of silence for the soldiers in Iraq... my heart stopped for a minute because this time, it really did apply to me. Of course, I shed a couple of silent tears. I miss Zac so much! Occasionally I see Makenna sitting silently and when I ask her what she is thinking, she tells me she's thinking about her daddy. I know she misses him a lot, too.

I have been trying to stay busy, but things are just not the same here without Zac. He brings me a comfort I didn't realize I had come to expect and need. I always considered myself to be an independant woman who never needed a man for anything. Well, I was wrong. I need Zac near me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home