Friday, April 21, 2006

An award for volunteerism?

Today wasn't so bad. After I worked out this morning, I went to help out at Makenna's school. Another mom and I twisted brown paper to mkae it look like a tree and hot glued it to the wall. That was fun!

I came home and relaxed for a while. I have had a headache for a few days now and needed to rest. I think I even fell asleep on the couch for about an hour.

Zac emailed me a really beautiful email. It made me think how special I really am to have a wonderful husband who still loves me after 10 years of marriage, and a fabulous father for my child. I couldn't ask for anything more! (except money!)

Speaking of money... I went to this awards banquet thing tonight in Pensacola. I wasn't going to go when I got the letter in the mail. I figured it was some sort of general banquet honoring students in criminal justice. I also thought that since I had already graduated, it must not apply to me and I got a letter by mistake. Well, I was informed a couple of weeks ago by former professors of mine that I was receiving an award. WOW! Cool! When I got there tonight and noticed that it was an award for volunteer service, I was somewhat dissappointed at first. Why couldn't I have gotten the award for outstanding CJ student? Anyway, I accepted graciously and was pleasantly surprised when I opened my certificate. Inside was a nice check for $200!! I also got a special gift from Dr. Johnson since she knows how much I love forensics. An autographed book from Dr. Henry Lee titled "crime scene handbook". Perfect!

Tomorrow we are going to Panama City for the day/night to watch Greg's girlfriend Penny compete in a fitness show. I am looking forward to seeing Taura while I am there. Of course I will forward my calls, so Zac, if you are reading this... you can still call me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lacey said...

Well that is pretty cool Wendy!!

Hope you have a great time in PC:-) See ya this week!

4/22/2006 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home