{Day one}
I had the strangest dream last night. It was the 3 of us, and I was waiting in the truck passenger side. Zac had Makenna helping him load money bags into a shopping cart from the back door of a bank. All of a sudden, a police car pulled up, and next thing I know a woman in military uniform (it was his 1sgt in my dream) said, "And we were on the way to promote you and congratulate you on your new baby girl". I woke up. WTF? First of all, Zac stealing money, and secondly, a baby girl?? Hope that's not a premonition.
Well, I took Zac to the DCC this morning to get on the plane for Iraq. I hate that we have to go through this. I cried a little when he hugged me, and for the first time in 10 years, he did too. I haven't felt that close to him in a long while.
I did good today. I tried to stay busy. After Makenna went to school, I went to Curves. Then I went to volunteer at her school. Her teacher is having an Easter egg hunt on Thursday, so I helped cram those little plastic eggs full of candy, stickers, and gum. I decided to stick around for lunch.
When I got home, I was so tired. Probably from getting up so early. So I cat-napped for about an hour before Makenna got home.
Did the usual- homework, dinner, bath then bed. I watched American Idol of course. Then I managed to clear off a working space on my scrapbook desk to work on the altered notebook swap due on Sunday!!
Zac called tonight around 7:20. He was in Baltimore about to board the next flight. He sounded in pretty good spirits. I did pretty good tonight too. I haven't cried since the morning. I miss him already...
Well, I took Zac to the DCC this morning to get on the plane for Iraq. I hate that we have to go through this. I cried a little when he hugged me, and for the first time in 10 years, he did too. I haven't felt that close to him in a long while.
I did good today. I tried to stay busy. After Makenna went to school, I went to Curves. Then I went to volunteer at her school. Her teacher is having an Easter egg hunt on Thursday, so I helped cram those little plastic eggs full of candy, stickers, and gum. I decided to stick around for lunch.
When I got home, I was so tired. Probably from getting up so early. So I cat-napped for about an hour before Makenna got home.
Did the usual- homework, dinner, bath then bed. I watched American Idol of course. Then I managed to clear off a working space on my scrapbook desk to work on the altered notebook swap due on Sunday!!
Zac called tonight around 7:20. He was in Baltimore about to board the next flight. He sounded in pretty good spirits. I did pretty good tonight too. I haven't cried since the morning. I miss him already...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home