a year has come and gone...
I can't believe it has been a year. And a long one at that. I am still not legally divorced. For whatever reason, between the lawyers and things just taking so much time, it hasn't happened yet. But the paperwork is pretty much done. I can't say that it will feel any different once it's final because my life already feels like we are divorced. He's been gone for 1 year and a half already. He has started dating someone there in Panama City and is pushing me for things to be final so he can move on. I have been dating someone since November.
I became an aunt for the first time. Isn't he beautiful? His name is Scout Alan Daniels.
And the biggest news yet, I was diagnosed with cancer about a month ago.
See, I really believe that things happen for a reason. I look back on the events of the last year or so, and I know that God has a plan. From the moment Zac told me back in Jan 07 that he loved me but wasn't in love with me perpetuated a motion of events that all came to June 08 where I found out I had cancer. I had time to get over the sting of the words no one ever wants to hear so I could be open to meeting a man like Tony. Our relationship has had time to develop into this great friendship where I know he was meant to be in my life to help me through the diagnosis. Zac could have never been so understanding and compassionate. Thank goodness the divorce hasn't been final yet, due to medical insurance coverage. And thank goodness, after the surgery and biopsies, everything else is benign. No chemo for me.
It has been a long and eventful year.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home