Has it been this long?

It has come to my attention that I haven't updated this blog in months! 2 to be exact. WOW! I didn't think anyone really read this blog but me, and Zac when he was in Iraq...
Well, what's has been going on? My daily life basically consists of going to the gym as soon as Makenna is on the bus, which I am there usually for about an hour and a half to two hours. Although I have been slacking BIG TIME this last week or so. I don't know what the problem is. I am sort of in this funk I guess. Anyway, that's gonna change soon! I am not about to let myself gain back the 25-30 pounds I lost while Zac was gone. (ok, 5 came back once he got home). But still, it won't happen... nope. It. just. won't. happen.
The above picture is a shot that was taken a few weeks ago. It is a rare photo, because 1. I am in it and 2. Zac is not blinking which he always does whenever he has a picture taken!
So Makenna started 1st grade this year. I can't believe that she isn't really my "baby" anymore. I was in her school the other day and watched her walk down the hall a few yards in front of me. I couldn't believe how much she has grown. I couldn't believe the long legs and how grown up she looks. Where did the time go? Pretty soon, she's going to feel like she's too big to have me hold her and brush her hair. She's going to think she's too old to get bunches of kisses all over when it's time for bed. And worse yet, before long, she's going to hear about s-e-x and boys and I just want her to stay 7 forever. She's so innocent right now. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body and I want it to stay like that. When the day comes that she doesn't frantically search for that sock money at bedtime, I'll know the "baby" is really gone forever.So back in September we had her birthday. We had to have a party this year because last year was terrible! Last year, there were no balloons, no cake and ice cream, no presents, no friends. What kind of parents were we? So this year, we had a party at the park. A lot of her friends came and they had fun playing at the beautiful city park just re-finished since the
hurricanes
detroyed it last year. It sits right near the water.Ok, so on to October... well, amongst tryng to learn how to ride a bike, carving pumpkins, going on our first camping trip, starting soccer and watching the first game, and dressing up for halloween, it was a fun-filled month. But I will leave you with this photo. Now, if you know Makenna at all, you will know that she is NOT prissy. She's somewhat of a tomboy, but she will wear dresses every now and then. She's the kind of girl that would rather pick up bugs and frogs, and LOVES dinosaurs than to play with dolls (even though I have caught her playing with them from time to time). In fact, she has explained to me at one point that she wants to be a paleontologist when she grows up. I am tempted to believe her. So, when it came time to pick out what she wanted to dress up as for halloween, she chose something scary, of course. Can you imagine when we walked into the "gross out monster mash" event for Girl Scouts looking like this? I just had to laugh! Because generally the other girls were wearing cute little bunny rabbit costumes, or cheerleaders, there were a couple of witches, but they were cute witches. Then here's Makenna. So funny! Of course, all her little friends understand how she is, and love her for it! And so do I...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home