bittersweet moments...

The other night Makenna was laying in my lap falling asleep. I placed my hand on her head and rubbed her forehead with my thumb. She then held my hand that was rubbing her and she fell asleep. When she did that, I was taken back to when she was a baby, and I would always rub her forehead when it was bedtime, and she would fall asleep so fast. I remember how she would take her left hand and put it on top of mine and hold it while I was rubbing her head. I missed that. I'mnot sure I can even describe the feeling I had the other night, but it was nice to know that even though 6 years have passed, it was like she was my little baby all over again. I miss that baby stage, and it hurts to know that I won't ever have it again.

1 Comments:
Awww...too sweet! I love moments like those!
Post a Comment
<< Home